Written by Zamara Perri
My honey and I have always been interested in health and fitness. She has always been an athlete and is currently a yoga teacher. I’ve always loved learning about nutrition but had trouble putting it into practice. Once we started dating, we did nothing but cuddle and eat (find the proof here) and pack on the pounds.
In December, I decided something had to change! So I joined a gym and lucky for me, my honey joined too. We made the following health commitments:
- Exercise five days a week for at least 30 minutes each time.
- Drink a green smoothie every day.
- Eat less meat and dairy.
- Meditate at least 3 times a week.
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep each night.
We thought that some black lesbians (single and booed up) may want to join us too!
So, we are hosting a health challenge for our community with a giveaway every month.
We invite you to join us on our health journey! To participate in this giveaway, we are asking you to do the following:
- Register for the contest here.
- Check in with us on our Facebook giveaway page and share your pics and progress and answer our question of the month.
- Tell your other black lesbian friends about the giveaway using your link. (This will increase your chances of winning.)
- By registering you allow Black Lesbian Love Lab to share your pics and story with our readers.
Still not sure you want to join?
Here are some more benefits:
- Reduce your chances of getting heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure etc.
- More stamina in the bedroom (and everybody wants that, aaaaa’ight, ladies?)
- You look better in your clothes.
- You feel better and stronger.
- You’ll have the support of other awesome #blacklesbians cheering you on each week!